Connect to Home is an innovative program that utilizes Section 8 vouchers to provide housing to youth who have a history in the child welfare system. Through referrals by the Department of Children and Families, young adults live in apartments throughout the community. Connect to Home Case Managers provide support and case management to help the youth navigate and maintain their voucher.
- Subsidized housing
- Individual counseling and case management
- Access to medical and mental health care
- Life Skills Assessment and training
- Job development and employment assistance
- Recreation and cultural activities
- Community service and engagement
- Advocacy and referrals
- Leadership and community engagement opportunities through Youth Advisory Council.
Young adults 18 and up to age 21 who have been in the child welfare system and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Young adults who were previously adopted through the New Jersey Child Protection and Permanency (CP&P) may be eligible.
If you need help, call us at (609) 396-8329